Jul 26, 2011

The Show Must Go On

That's the buzz at Rathlin - "So, the tent's blown away, the generator keeps cutting out, and half the stage has collapsed because of a hurricane... But why have you stopped playing?"

Mini trouble in paradise the other day though, and this in the comfort and safety of my own home. I plugged in my gear, post-Galway, and the Machinedrum, well, she sings no more. So I dunno, the plucky little drum machine that could is probably going to have to go to hospital in Sweden, leaving me sad, bereft, and (most importantly) mildly stuck for Sunday's gig. No cello either, that's been "sick" since my last trip back to Ireland.

I really need to sort out a better way of travelling with gear. In the meantime, though, this could work out even better - just a laptop, midi controller, and soundcard. Less hassle, less worry, less things that could go missing/be smashed to bits/be abducted by aliens, the usual crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment