Jul 23, 2011

G-g-g-Galway!

Just had a lovely few days out west. And back in Ireland. Ah yes, killing the planet, one Ryanair flight at a time. But yeah, it was a lovely trip out to Connemara and Galway city. I was recording a few songs for Ceol ar an Imeall, a weekly music programme on TG4. On Friday night, I was lucky enough to play in the Bierhaus in Galway. It was a Community Skratch gig that I kind of muscled in on. The music sandwich had a glorious landscape filling - we drove off out into the wilds, climbed The Diamond in Letterfrack (well, I'm a bit starved for slopes in The Netherlands), and went around Lough Mask and Lough Corrib. Great fun altogether.

Not so much fun, however, the 2 a.m. bus from Galway to Dublin airport for a 7 a.m. flight. I swore I'd never say "I'm getting old" but it fairly knocked the stuffing out of me. Getting ready for more of the same this weekend though.

RATHLIN!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment